This trail is a gentle traffic-free riverside cycle ride from Richmond to historic Hampton Court Palace, the former home of King Henry VIII. Along you the way you will pass Richmond Palace, Home of Henry VII, Henry VIII & Elizabeth I, Ham House - the most haunted house in England, Eel Pie Island, Teddington Lock and Royal Kingston.
A flat riverside route that offers a perfect escape from central London. The highlights include:
- Historic Richmond Green...famous jousting & cricket ground
- Richmond Palace: Home of Henry VII, Henry VIII & Elizabeth I
- Riverside Richmond...the only view in England protected by an Act of Parliament
- Explore Petersham Nurseries...a gourmet & plant lover's delight
- Gaze to Richmond Hill...home of Sir Mick Jagger amongst others
- View Marble Hill House...a mistresses retreat
- See Ham House...the most haunted house in England
- Eel Pie Island...legendary '60s rock 'n roll institution
- Teddington Lock...home of Monty Python and more
- Pub lunch by the waterside...watch the river life pass you by
- Royal Kingston...home of the Saxon Kings & 3 Men In A Boat
- Hampton Court Palace...Tudor & Baroque magnificence
A truly vintage day out!